Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ape for You

heart4

Valentine's Day is quickly approaching! 

ape
Popcorn will do anything for food.

While I hate all of the pressure and expectations surrounding this holiday, to fall in love, to be in love, have a partner, have the most romantic. day. ever, I do love having an excuse to make a fuss about those in my life I care most about. I think it's so wonderful to have a scheduled reminder every year to let people know how much they mean to you.

heart3

Here are a few ideas to make all of your Valentines feel special this year! 

heart2

heart1

♥  Make your own scratch-off valentines with secret messages!

♥  Mail someone a box of candy! If an item weighs 13 ounces or less, you can just put stamps on it and mail it off. Be sure you have enough postage though.

♥  Just have a look at this pop-up honeycomb heart valentine and balloon surprise attack from You Are My Fave!

♥  Heart-shaped surprise balls! Surprise balls are the greatest! You can put anything in a surprise ball and it becomes exciting. You could give me rocks wrapped up in a surprise ball and I'd be over the moon about it. 

♥  Learn how to make mini piñatas from Jordan Ferney at Oh Happy Day!

♥  Put your favorite romantic quote on a mug! Wouldn't these be lovely to start your day with?

 Not a DIY project, but um, hello? Twin Peaks valentine's?

Don't forget about you! Make yourself a flower crown or a glittering heart to wear in your hair!

heartcorn4heartcorn1
heartcorn3 heartcorn2

ape1

-W

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! And I love Popcorn's un-aversion to putting things on his head. If Dobby would only hold still...lol!

    ReplyDelete