Saturday, May 5, 2012

Used Books

bookfair1

Last weekend, the husband and I ventured out to a few book fairs. The largest, and my favorite, was the Friends of The Seattle Public Library's "mini" book sale. Their "mini" sales are three day events with a rotating selection of over 25,000 items.

bookfair8 bookfair5
bookfair7 bookfair6

We stopped by on the last day of the sale, Sunday, when everything just happened to be half off. As a notorious book hoarder, there are very few things in this world more exciting to me than the promise of a good book fair. The Friends did not disappoint. Amongst rows and rows of books new and old, I found a decent number of horror anthologies and a lot of used paperbacks by some of my favorite authors. I even managed to snag a few tomes that will make perfect gifts. I also found some great and weird picture books that I'm planning to share more of in time.

castleshirleyjackson castleshirleyjackson1
One of my absolute favorite novels ever - We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson

The Friends of The Seattle Public Library will be holding another mini sale the weekend of June 22nd-24th and will have their BIG sale September 14th-16th. Both sales will take place in Building 30 at Magnuson Park in Seattle, WA. The mini sale is in the workshop of the building and the mega sale takes over the entire airplane hangar.

friendsofsplsale

I think I may need a few more bookshelves.

bookfair3 bookfair4

Be Seeing You.

-W

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I recognize a few of these. I hope you do a review of The Mustache.

    ReplyDelete