Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Show & Tell: Light Up Lisa Frank Journal


A true miracle. 

I have been enthralled with Lisa Frank ever since I was a little girl, collecting the stickers and sending off letters to my pen-pals on dolphin stationary with rainbows and rainbow dolphins and dolphins riding on rainbows made of dolphins. What is it about this technicolored world that I still find ever so charming? Sure, at this point, nostalgia is a huge draw. But I think it has more to do with Lisa Frank's unique combination of complete unsophistication, unabashed cheer, utter ridiculousness, and total perversion. I mean, Hollywood Bear? Whatever it is, Lisa Frank just makes me happy. Truly, it makes me feel all sparkly inside. 

I've even considered getting a Lisa Frank tattoo like this woman's unbelievable sleeve.


So, obviously, I think this Light Up Diary from Lisa Frank is pretty special. I'm keeping it as a radical self love journal, an idea I found through Gala Darling. I use it to collect quotes, little bits of inspiration, lists and thoughts that make me feel good and strong and hopeful. In it, I write about what I am proud of and grateful for. 

As someone who has grappled a lot with the idea of self-worth, like most people I think, it is so powerful to have a place dedicated only to good thoughts and positivity, free of doubts, insecurities, or flagging confidence. 

A few ideas from Gala Darling of things to put in your radical self love journal:




Bonus:

+ Lisa Frank Cookie Jar. I think I kind of need this.


Be seeing you.

-W

1 comment:

  1. That is one awesome journal.
    When I had a journal, I mostly wrote to let go of my negative thoughts. I think a positive journal sounds like the perfect complement to that, and that's something I'd be much more fond of.

    ReplyDelete